The sun: it’s a beautiful thing, but too much of it can be a bad thing. Everyone knows that excessive exposure to the sun can cause all sorts of damage, like sunburns, skin damage and even cancer. However, here is http://www.zem7.com/ a number of ways to protect yourself in the sun, so that you can enjoy its soothing rays without some of the more disadvantageous consequences. Sunburns can be excruciating, especially if you’ve been in the sun for a long time. Sunblock is one way to protect yourself, but if you really want to protect yourself, you need total coverage. Here are five ways to protect yourself in the sun.
- Make sure you are completely hydrated. Hydration is critical when you are trying to protect yourself from the sun’s rays. Having enough water will keep your skin healthy to better absorb the sun’s rays – without letting them damage the skin. Not only that, but by staying hydrated, you can protect yourself from headaches and the nausea caused by sunstroke. If you know that you are going to be outdoors and in the sun for an extended period of time, it is recommended to keep a water bottle on you at all times.
- Try to avoid the most direct rays of the sun, which are typically shining down between the hours of 12 noon and 3 p.m. – especially in the summertime. Just like you would avoid traffic, you should avoid direct sunlight. If you can, be sure to run your errands in the morning or afternoon – at night would be best. If you do have to be out during the more direct hours, try to plan your itinerary by http://nova-mag.net/ so that you can stay out of the sun – your car makes a perfect cover.
- Always protect your lips. Just like putting on sunblock is important, keeping your lips covered is important too. Your lips are incredibly susceptible to sun damage – far more susceptible than the skin around it. This is mostly because the skin over the lips is so thin. In the direct sunlight, you could risk severely damaging your lips. Having dry, cracked, or blood lips can be incredibly painful. It is recommended to use lip balm with sun protection rather than just plain lip balm.
- Be sure to wear protection. Sunglasses are an excellent way to keep your eyes protected from direct sunlight. If you have particularly light eyes, wearing sunglasses is even more important. Also, wearing a hat is important to, especially one that provides shade for your entire face and neck. In fact, Hats Unlimited has some amazing options like http://bestmemorykeepers.net/ for all sorts of hats, so that you don’t need to worry about not being stylish – even when you are trying to protect yourself from the sun.
- Always wear sunscreen. Sunscreen is one of the best ways to protect your skin from the ravages of the sun. If you spend a lot of time in the sun, sunscreen is even more important. Just make sure, though, to put it on 30 to 40 minutes before you go into the sun, because you want to give it time to soak in and activate. Once you have sunblock on, you can enjoy all the amazing, relaxing benefits of lying in the sun.